This post will be dedicated to creating an in-depth tutorial on how I made the “Ovechkin Hits 700!” Soundcloud audio in my final. At this point in my story it is time for the climax. Alexander Ovechkin finally hits 700 goals and the team can get back to just playing hockey. They won’t have to be bothered by the constant looming of achievement on the horizon. I felt that using the commentator’s audio would show the listeners how much this meant to the team and to Washington DC. Here is my final product, the guide will be below the audio.
- First, I needed to find the audio that I wanted to use for my commentator’s POV audio.
- Once I had the YouTube video that I wanted to use I copied the link and went to this website. I then plugged in my YouTube video so that it could convert it to an MP3 file.
- I took this MP3 file and dragged it into Audacity so that it could be further edited.
- I increased the volume on the clip using the slider on the left and also trimmed the audio by using the cut function in Audacity.
- All that was left to do was export it as an MP3 file so that I could open it in Soundcloud to upload.
If you guys think I missed any parts in this guide please feel free to let me know in the comments! Thank you for reading! Below this I will link the YouTube video that I got this audio from to use in my final assignment.