This post will be dedicated to going over how I created the Best Sports Play type gif for my final assignment. I wanted to make a gif from the play where Alex Ovechkin scored his 700th goal. A major achievement in the hockey world that allowed him to move up to number 8 on the all time scoring list. I wanted to turn this play into a gif to show people how much this meant to the team, you can clearly tell this goal celebration was like no other. The guide will be below the gif. If I happen to miss anything, please feel free to let me know down in the comments. Here is the final version of the gif:
How To Guide:
- First, I needed to download the YouTube video that I wanted to use. I did that by going to this website. All you do is plug your video link in and then it will download it for you!
- Once I had the video, I trimmed it by right clicking the video and hitting “edit”. I knew I only wanted from 11 to 27 seconds, so that is what I trimmed it down too.
- Next, all that was left was to take all the screen shots. I let the video play as I took several screenshots a second.
- Then, I opened GIMP and put all the screenshots on top of each other by just dragging in one after another.
- Finally, all that was left to do was click “Export As..” and then choose “Gif”.
This is a YouTube video that I followed along with for my first gifs. I was able to take what I learned from this video and apply it to this assignment.